The early 914 shifting experience has been likened to "trying to spell your name with your spoon in a bowl of alphabet soup" until now... the amazing "RennShift Performance Shifter" comes to PMB Performance. Also known as the RennSport Precision Shifter or RennSport Shifter or simply the RennShifter.
RennShift Performance Shifter for 914 tail-shift transmissions. Knob not included.
-Fits original 914-4 and 914-6 vehicles with tail shift transmissions.
-Fits all 915 transmission conversions for 914. Even those referred to as "side-shift" 915 use the tail shift style shifter.
- Adjustable throw, adjustable spring gates, bronze bushings and much more!
- Fits 914 '70-'72 with tail-shift transmission including 914-6.
- Complete shifter makes installation simple.
- 20% and 33% throw reduction can be changed at any time.
- Standard shifter has the same knob height as the factory shifter. 2 Inch extended stick moves the knob up and back along the angle of the upper stick providing easier reach from the steering wheel to the shifter knob.
- Hand throttle/heater lever slot machined in base for early cars.
- Works with factory shift knob or our optional shift knobs. Top of stick is same diameter as factory for use with crush sleeve. Stick is internally threaded to accept
- Automatic and manual reverse lock-pawls included. Note that auto lockout may not be reliable in 33% throw setting.
- Includes small RS boot. Can be used with original factory 915 boot.
- See VIDEOs link at the top of this page.
Note: shift knobs and the factory boot shown in pictures are optional extras.
The RennShift traces its roots to our 901 spring gated shifters created in the mid-1980s for personal use. Commercial introduction came in 2003 after applying years of learned lessons to the final engineer-designed product.
The 901 and 915 Porsche transmissions do not respond to the same "short-shift" modifications as other transmissions. Other shifter manufactures may attempt to apply their experience with other cars to these transmissions with undesirable effects. The Porsche servo synchronizers are truly unique and only respond well to modifications that increase driver communication with the transmission. Over-shortening the throw will result in less shifting resolution, causing unintentional mechanical abuse. Our shifters mate the ideal balance of increased precision and smooth feedback that puts the driver in control of shifting rather than applying guesswork to gear changes.
If you want the most involving and rewarding driving experience, rely on the RennShift to fulfill your desire.
Watch Rennshift Videos Here: